Participant Media offers internships for our film, television, social action, marketing, finance and publishing departments, as well as for the digital arm of the company, TakePart. Participant Media and TakePart offer internships for the spring, summer and fall semesters.
Spring Semester Applications: Accepted beginning in November
Summer Semester Applications: Accepted beginning in April
Fall Semester Applications: Accepted beginning in July
- Must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate Program at an accredited university
- Must be at least a Sophomore standing
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be able to intern a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Must have good written verbal and communication skills
- Must be familiar in Microsoft Suite: Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
**Please note all internships with Participant Media, Pivot and TakePart are paid. For consideration please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org**
The Accounting and Finance departments have initiated an internship program that will provide hands-on learning and exposure to Entertainment Accounting and film finance. Interns will not only help with essential routine tasks within accounting, but will take on high-level projects according to their interest and aptitude. Interns gain insight into the operations of a film company and development of various film funds. Interns will not only develop professional relationships with members of our finance and accounting departments but also have the opportunity to learn and understand the workings of a multi-media company.
- Audit related requests as needed
- Accurately and timely filing of vendor payments; gain better understanding of AP process
- Able to handle multiple priorities and manage your time appropriately
- Updating and organizing films-in-release folders
- Review analysis of cost reports
- Updating documents for digital filing
Pivot TV – Programming – LA Location
Pivot TV (network brought to you by Participant Media) is looking for summer interns to assist in the Programming Department, which encompasses Scripted, Alternative, and Live programming. As a new network with a small team, interns will be exposed to multiple aspects of both development and current, and will be asked to perform a variety of tasks. This includes anything from development needs (script coverage, competitive tracking, creating writer/director/actor lists), basic production needs (call sheets, permit requests, logging footage), to more general office work (covering phones, data input, greeting guests, office runs). Candidates must be hardworking, outgoing and comfortable in a fast paced environment. Previous interns have had the opportunity to attend press events, actively participate in development of series, assist with production on shoots, and work closely with high level executives. Interns will also have the opportunity to participant in an intern project that will be presented in front of company executives.
- Interest in TV
- Hard working and comfortable with a fast pace environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint –experience with each of these packages is required
- Experience with Filemaker, movie magic systems, or Final Cut a plus
Pivot TV – Creative Services – LA Location
Pivot’s Creative Services Department is looking for a summer intern! We shoot, produce and cut the promos and creative content for pivot, Participant Media and TakePart, in addition to designing poster, banners and billboards. We also produce trade and festival events for the company, including the parties and the swag.
Duties would include:
- Powerpoint presentations
- Encoding files
- Burning DVDs
- Brainstorming ideas for premiums and events
- A creative thinker
- A solid writer
- Powerpoint proficient
- Premiere or FCP competent
Helpful but not required:
- Working knowledge of design software like Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Adobe Flash…
- A marketing background.
- Production/Post experience.
Pivot TV – NY Location
Pivot TV (network brought to you by Participant Media) is looking for an intern to support the Advertising Sales, Research and Affiliate Sales departments. Possible projects may include deep dives on potential clients, focus group studies and demographic and affiliate research. In addition, the role will also entail general administrative duties and larger projects relating to the TV network. Candidates must be hardworking and comfortable in a face paced environment. Interns will have the opportunity to participant in an intern project that will be presented in front of company executives.
- Interest in TV/Media
- Hard working and comfortable with a fast pace environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, self-starter, excellent organizational skills, and excellent attendance record
Social Media Marketing, TakePart
TakePart, the digital division of Participant Media, is seeking an organized, social media savvy intern to work with our team.
- Assist with research across social media networks.
- Develop social ad creative.
- Compile social analytics and advertising reports.
- Work on social outreach and promotions.
- Active social media user with profiles on multiple networks (Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Google+)
- Strong language/writing/communications skills preferred
- Basic Photoshop experience a plus
TAG Cause Marketing Agency
TAG is the services division at Participant Media, a global entertainment company founded in 2004 by Jeff Skoll to focus on feature film, television, publishing, and digital content that inspires social change.
TAG creates, builds, manages, and communicates cause marketing and social innovation programs for brands and foundations. Their clients have included American Express, Starbucks, Disney, Intel, Mattel, Gates Foundation, and Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.
This internship is the perfect opportunity for students interested in learning how for-profit businesses can succeed in positively impacting the world. You will not only expand your knowledge of a variety of issues, but will also be able to contribute your personal passion and dedication to our clients’ large-scale pro-social programs that are already underway.
- Compiling a daily digest of CSR/pro-social news
- Researching the current landscape of various causes
- Assisting with client projects as needed
- Attending brainstorms and client meetings to gain a better understanding of our work
- Team Player
TakePart.com, the digital division of Participant Media, is looking for editorial interns to contribute to our daily national news website with a focus on the issues and causes that are driving conversation on the Web. We’re looking for interns with a passion for covering education, environment, food, health, animals and social justice issues.
The ideal candidate will be self-starting, web savvy, a good writer and a quick learner who can translate these issues into informative, shareable and impactful blog posts, lists, and stories.
At the completion of this internship, successful candidates will have a large quantity of clips to share with future employers.
- Researching and writing original content, such as features, lists and photo essays that connect the news of the day to the causes and issues our readers care about.
- Pitching ideas for original features
- General research and editorial support tasks.
- Previous reporting and writing experience is required
- Knowledge of HTML, SEO, and social media best practices is preferred
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator are a plus