Participant Media offers internships for our film, television, social action, marketing, finance and publishing departments, as well as for the digital arm of the company, TakePart. Participant Media and TakePart offer internships for the spring, summer and fall semesters.
Spring Semester Applications: Accepted beginning in November
Summer Semester Applications: Accepted beginning in April
Fall Semester Applications: Accepted beginning in August
- Must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate Program at an accredited university
- Must be at least a Sophomore standing
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be able to intern a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Must have good written verbal and communication skills
- Must be familiar in Microsoft Suite: Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
**Please note all internships with Participant Media or TakePart are paid. For consideration please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org**
The Accounting and Finance departments have initiated an internship program that will provide hands-on learning and exposure to Entertainment Accounting and film finance. Interns will not only help with essential routine tasks within accounting, but will take on high-level projects according to their interest and aptitude. Interns gain insight into the operations of a film company and development of various film funds. Interns will not only develop professional relationships with members of our finance and accounting departments but also have the opportunity to learn and understand the workings of a multi-media company.
- Audit related requests as needed
- Accurately and timely filing of vendor payments; gain better understanding of AP process
- Able to handle multiple priorities and manage your time appropriately
- Updating and organizing films-in-release folders
- Review analysis of cost reports
- Updating documents for digital filing
Participant Media is seeking students interested in collaborating in the execution of film campaigns, marketing strategies and collaborating creatively with our active publishing department. Participant Marketing aims to produce campaigns that support our films’ impact and outreach by encouraging and enabling audiences to get involved in the issues that our films give voice to.
- Actively be involved in assisting with visuals (posters, teasers, trailers)
- Help plan social events (film festivals and screenings)
- Write press releases, bios and Q&As
- Proficiency in Keynote
- Research skills
- Work one-on-one with the SVP of Publishing researching issues
- Coordinating and attending events and screenings
- Assisting with the writing and editing of social media and manuscripts
- Copy Editing
- Like to learn how to do newsletters
Pivot TV — LA Location
Pivot TV (network brought to you by Participant Media) is looking for an intern to assist in reading scripts and submit coverage, general administrative duties and research projects relating to TV. As well as day-to-day duties of a growing television channel; interns will be exposed to the channels marketing department. Candidates must be hardworking and comfortable in a fast paced environment. Interns will have the opportunity to participant in an intern project that will be presented in front of company executives.
- Interest in TV/Media
- Hard working and comfortable with a fast pace environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint –experience with each of these packages is required
- Strong communication skills, self-starter, excellent organizational skills, and excellent attendance record are musts
Participant Media is seeking students interested in the creation and implementation of social action campaigns for features and documentaries. Participant’s social action campaigns are designed to give voice to the issues that resonate in our films. We team with social sector organizations, non-profits and corporations who are committed to creating an open forum for discussion and education and who can, with Participant, offer specific ways for audience members to get involved. These include action kits, screening programs, educational curriculums and classes, house parties, seminars, panels, and other activities, including our ongoing “legacy” programs. In addition to having the opportunity to help build these campaigns, by assisting with issue-based research and outreach to NGOs and advocates, interns will learn about the varied avenues by which outreach happens, the many networks established around causes and how to take action for the causes they care about.
- Create action kits for campaigns and documentaries.
- Design educational curriculums and classes.
- Help design and implement seminars, panels and other activities relevant to our campaigns.
- Assisting with issue-based research and outreach to NGOs and advocates.
Social Media Marketing, TakePart
TakePart, the digital division of Participant Media, is seeking an organized, social media savvy intern to work with our team.
- Assist with research across social media networks.
- Develop social ad creative.
- Compile social analytics and advertising reports.
- Work on social outreach and promotions.
- Active social media user with profiles on multiple networks (Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Google+)
- Strong language/writing/communications skills preferred
- Basic Photoshop experience a plus
TAG Cause Marketing Agency
TAG is the services division at Participant Media, a global entertainment company founded in 2004 by Jeff Skoll to focus on feature film, television, publishing, and digital content that inspires social change.
TAG creates, builds, manages, and communicates cause marketing and social innovation programs for brands and foundations. Their clients have included American Express, Starbucks, Disney, Intel, Mattel, Gates Foundation, and Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.
This internship is the perfect opportunity for students interested in learning how for-profit businesses can succeed in positively impacting the world. You will not only expand your knowledge of a variety of issues, but will also be able to contribute your personal passion and dedication to our clients’ large-scale pro-social programs that are already underway.
- Compiling a daily digest of CSR/pro-social news
- Researching the current landscape of various causes
- Assisting with client projects as needed
- Attending brainstorms and client meetings to gain a better understanding of our work
- Team Player
TakePart.com, the digital division of Participant Media, is looking for editorial interns to contribute to our daily national news website with a focus on the issues and causes that are driving conversation on the Web. We’re looking for interns with a passion for covering education, environment, food, health, animals and social justice issues.
The ideal candidate will be self-starting, web savvy, a good writer and a quick learner who can translate these issues into informative, shareable and impactful blog posts, lists, and stories.
At the completion of this internship, successful candidates will have a large quantity of clips to share with future employers.
- Researching and writing original content, such as features, lists and photo essays that connect the news of the day to the causes and issues our readers care about.
- Pitching ideas for original features
- General research and editorial support tasks.
- Previous reporting and writing experience is required
- Knowledge of HTML, SEO, and social media best practices is preferred
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator are a plus.
TakePart Live Production
Participant Media, pivot and TakePart.com are looking for a production intern. The intern will assist and participate in various capacities with Take Part Live, pivot’s daily, live television show. Production responsibilities include assisting with production runs, research, image/video searches, social media activities and associated daily production duties.
- Excel, word, powerpoint, outlook
- Internet search savvy
- Resourceful and a creative thinker