Participant Media, TakePart and Pivot offer fellowships in our LA office in Digital, Television, Film and Social Action. The fellowship is a full-time paid position lasting nine months. The fellowship program is designed to attract and develop motivated, passionate recent graduates interested in pursuing a career in television or film. Those accepted in our program will have the opportunity to hone their skills and perfect their craft under the supervision of department executives. Applicants must be recent graduates within the last six months. For consideration please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re a student interested in joining us for a semester, learn more about our student internship program.
Support the overall vision, mission and mandates for the company.
- Pitch and write 4-6 stories daily in the form of short posts, features, photo galleries or other media for TakePart
- Cover a range of topics including culture, environmental issues, education, innovation, technology, and human rights
- Employ a strong, entertaining voice consistent with TakePart’s smart, engaging, open-minded, occasionally humorous take on current events and socially relevant issues
- Work with Special Projects editor to support sales programs, social action campaigns, and other partnerships and special series
- Work with photo editor to source compelling images to accompany posts and stories
- Optimize all content for SEO and social media; help Social Action team create and customize actions to align with content
- Work to coordinate content and workflow with TakePart Live
- Strong writing, reporting, and copyediting skills required
Other duties/ special projects as assigned.
Location: LA Office
Support overall vision, mission and mandates for the company.
- Handle all correspondence; email, calendar, phones, expenses.
- Prepare important materials and setting up internal and external meetings.
- Review all creative documents and organize Box system and evernote for team.
- Participate in brainstorms and discussions concerning current and potential series.
- Learn about Greenlight process by working with team to create and organize materials.
- Create and maintain production and departmental binders.
- Taking first review of paper deliverables for original and acquired programming.
- Create and maintain a tracking/archiving system for paper deliverables.
- Assembling production binders.
- Gather pitch materials after meetings, reviewing all submissions and managing archive system.
- Learn how to write coverage by reviewing submissions, treatments, spec scripts, etc.
Scheduling & Research:
- Communicate with all departments by updating list of awareness events for additional potential scheduling stunts for 2015.
- Understand competitive landscape by completing a competitive analysis of key networks – probably 5-10 – and their scheduling strategies, promotional priorities (online, social), etc. This would include a lot of watching/recording of TV.
- Screen potential acquisitions and write coverage for team.
- Develop creative sensibility by researching potential acquisitions based on knowledge of Pivot filter, programming priorities and research.
- Gain a greater understanding of entertainment industry by reviewing studio availabilities and identifying appropriate content for potential acquisitions.
Location: LA Office