Join Participant Media! Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
If you’re a student interested in joining us for a semester, learn more about our student internship program.
Senior Web Content Producer, Digital
The Sr. Web Content Producer leads the daily pivot TV network/show promotion and content creation on the pivot web site. The Sr. Web Content Producer should have a unique combination of experiences around a wide variety of content creation and digital marketing. As such, both creative and project management skills are a requirement for success in this role. This person is responsible for the creation of microsites, programming content and promotion site-wide, working with writers and video producers to create deeper experiences around pivot TV content and more. While extensive technical knowledge is not required, a very strong understanding of how digital experiences are created is essential.
Support the overall vision, mission, and mandates for the company.
- Work with the SVP, Digital & Live Programming, GM of Takepart.com and SVP of Product & Tech to create and implement strategy and tactics for the promotion of pivot TV and its shows across pivot.tv and the pivot digital network.
- Provide strategic & creative input in the development of the pivot.tv and all other digital initiatives, including development of brand and business strategy, rollout plan, and content development.
- Contribute to network’s website content strategy and maintain collaborative relationships within Marketing, Digital Media, Original Programming, PR, Creative Services, Programming, and other functional areas throughout the company.
- Collaborate with marketing and digital groups to position pivot.tv as a leader in the marketplace in cutting edge and valuable web content, with a particular emphasis on on-air show related video content, original video content, second screen experiences, social media platforms and editorial content.
- Support the logistics, creation and operation of the pivot website and other new media platforms, including content creation, maintenance and other ongoing functionalities including the ability to edit, create, delete or verify copy, graphics, gaming and promotional materials, photos or other elements.
- Manage the creation and production of microsites supporting pivot original series, including: collect all related assets for the show-key art, photography, episode synopses etc. Ensure site is stylistically consistent with produced show and marketing materials.
- Working with digital and product departments, help manage process and/or vendors associated with new product development and special projects, and determine deal points for vendor contracts to ensure expansion of site capabilities according to Digital Strategy at most cost effective rate
- Work across departments to facilitate (and improve) process and workflow. Manage and coordinate resources and assets across departments and with both in and out of house vendors.
- For site projects, articulate strategic direction to designers and freelancers on overall creative strategy combining brand strategy, marketing communications, interface design and creative content development expertise.
- Create and manage project plans and communicate changes and progress on a project-by-project basis (inter and intra) departmentally.
- Program the promotional elements on pivot.tv and corresponding microsites, including the creation and scheduling of promotional touts, skins, carousel images, galleries, videos and more.
- Collaborate on the development of programming for all digital platform businesses, including original and on-air related content.
- Plan and manage yearly pivot blog editorial calendar, including the assignment of articles/projects to writers and freelancers, daily oversight of editorial calendar, and general editorship of the site (including copyediting, maintaining editorial voice and so on).
- Participate in weekly team and editorial meetings. Communicating initiatives to other departments including marketing, PR and creative services to ensure maximum awareness, increase page views and uniques.
- Work with Social Media department to create social experiences that increase pivot brand awareness and show awareness.
- Help create and launch an on-brand compelling second screen experiences for all original series, via the pivot app and other second screen tools and features.
- Collaborate with Integrated Marketing, Ad Sales and Digital Operations to help create compelling sales offerings and oversee fulfillment of all digital sales and sponsorships.
- Work with branded entertainment team to concept sponsor components and deliver on time within budget. Test microsite once produced and guide the site through approval of other departments as necessary. Maintain site through periodic updates based on content roll out.
- Plan and oversee delivery of advertiser-sponsored applications and features (including sweepstakes, contests and incentive-driven offerings) to increase sponsor-able offerings and successfully deliver on sold packages
- Brainstorm and help oversee the creation of new applications: quizzes, blogs, community to keep site current with latest best practices, improve use of staff time (increased work efficiency) and drive increased video streams and page views
- Execute and manage content partnerships increase traffic on pivot.tv
- A successful candidate will bring a combination of hands-on production and project management to the team. They should have a body of work that shows experience and creative vision across television, Internet, entertainment or sports brands.
- Proven track record as a creative producer able to deliver complex products while also being an innovative content and product-focused thinker.
- Experience in fast-paced environment; start-up company or new division start-up experience preferred.
- A strong working knowledge of popular culture, activism/advocacy, digital culture, TV and movies with a proven proficiency with using the Internet for multiple uses including creative research.
- Strong background in interactive work, websites, email, and database; preferably in the entertainment industry.
- 3-5 years hands-on experience creating and producing for the Web or other relevant digital formats and personal knowledge of the latest techniques and developments being used in the creation of software and new media content.
- Business analytical skills are important, including the ability to estimate
- Working knowledge of filmmaking, on-air promotion and the operational aspects of an entertainment oriented television network will be helpful in completing major initiatives and marshaling resources/assets.
- Candidate should have an intuitive familiarity with several software packages and tools that are commonly deployed for online and digital content creation, production, editing and storage, such as: Dreamweaver, Flash, Quark, Illustrator, StoryServer, Photoshop, Director, QuickTime, as well as other video/audio/photo production systems and applications necessary to create or augment content for digital deployment.
Other duties/ special projects as assigned.
- SVP, Digital & Live Programming
Location: LA Office
Manager, Social Action, Digital
Participant Media’s Social Action team is looking for an Action Development Manager, who will help develop “digital calls-to-action,” in partnership with leading nonprofit organizations, to advance various social causes. Our ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of the nonprofit world, excellent writing skills and a keen eye for Internet trends. The manager will be a critical member of a small, nimble team developing an innovative tool to harness the efforts of large numbers of people to advance social change.
- Write, edit and manage online actions to support TakePart.com editorial and Participant Media content
- Monitor actions to ensure resonance with audience and greatest potential impact
- Cultivate and maintain list of calls-to-action that empower the TakePart audience around key issues of interest
- Conduct research to identify potential nonprofit partners
- Write and provide quarterly reports to nonprofit partners on action traffic, conversion rates and impact
- Other duties/special projects as assigned
- 3-5 years of digital media or nonprofit experience
- Strong writing skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- SVP, Social Action, TV and Digital
Location: LA Office
The traffic coordinator will assist the operations team to ensure successful on-air execution of ad sales & promotional inventory.
Applicants should have a strong interest in online media (especially video), web analytics, digital technology and cause marketing. Knowledge of or experience with YouTube Analytics, GoogleAnalytics, and Adobe SiteCatalyst is helpful, but not required. However, good Excel skills are a must. A successful analyst will be able to think critically, problem-solve independently and communicate clearly and thoughtfully. S/he will be inquisitive, efficient and creative.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for entering and performing the daily traffic functions required to produce a network log, including – formats, basic log editing, creating copy materials & instructions for commercial contracts and serves as a back-up for promo scheduling.
- Assist in strategizing and identifying new ways to maximize ad revenue within the broadcast log.
- Add traffic instructions into the traffic system and secondary events into the graphics system.
- Track client delivery of commercial inventory.
- Schedule traffic and secondary events onto the broadcast logs for the Eastern and Central time zones.
- Communicate with Operations/Master Control Center regarding broadcast logs.
- Maximizes inventory in multiple formats.
- Maintains efficient systems for traffic maintenance and fulfills requirements coming from various sources.
- Creates and maintains reports and databases relating to Ad Sales Support and Analysis.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Trouble shoot logs for any issues such as, program and DOA changes, missing materials etc.
- Liaises with Program Scheduling and coordinates with Production, Marketing and Network Operations
- Maintain all necessary information for accurate and timely Scheduling
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Solid experience in all areas of Traffic including Copy, Log Editing, Format creation, and commercial/ad sales inventory etc., is required.
- 3+ years experience to include supervision of at least one direct report, is required.
- Commercial and promo scheduling experience is required.
- Ability to gather, interpret and manage a large volume of data and pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work through challenges methodically.
- Project coordination experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Broadview, WideOrbit and DealMaker is helpful.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a strong part of a team
Location: LA Office
Admin Assistant to the EVP, TAG
Support overall vision, mission and mandates for the company
- Support the day-to-day administrative operations of TAG
- Support the day-to-day administrative operations of EVP, TAG including schedule and meetings, travel, T&E reports, etc.
- Support the creation of presentations for TAG engagements
- Support research for TAG engagements
- Provide project management support as necessary for TAG engagements
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle all administrative tasks
- Ability to create attractive and effective Keynote presentations—skills must be beyond “basic”. Need to be able to created aesthetically pleasing Keynote presentations with minimal direction—strong eye and ability for graphic design
- TAG team
- Participant departments
- EVP, TAG
Location: LA Office